Last updated on August 23rd, 2021 at 03:00 pm
Cottonelle Flushable Wipes: The Best Adult Wipes for you
We have already pointed out that you would rather wipe your bum with wet wipes rather than use toilet paper. This is because the use of wet wipes is more hygiene, cleans all the fecal material from your butt leaving you flesh and clean. At the same time, it is more gentle on the skin around your perineal area. Toilet paper on the other hand is hard and might end up hurting you. Using toilet paper has also been linked to a high risk of getting urinary tract infections in women since when you do not wipe your butt clean, the fecal material may find its way into your vagina and finally urethra causing UTI.
The challenge with wet wipes though especially with adults is getting the best flushable wipes that are biodegradable and that is why today, we are going to review the cottonelle adult wipes which marketers say are flushable and will actually disintegrate in a matter of hours.
What we loved about the Cottonelle flushable wipes
- They are alcohol free and therefore gentle on your skin. You do not have to worry about irritations caused by the wipes.
- Has a wavy texture that somehow makes you feel as the wipe grabs your skin and wipe it clean
- Flush down the toilet and therefore safe for your septic system
- Gentle on the skin and leaves you feeling flesh and clean. It can even be used by potty training kids.
- It has a mild fragrance. No adult in their right sense wants something that is too scented and I think cottonelle knew this and thus desisted from making it over-scented.
- Portable packs so that you can carry them while travelling
- Large enough for adults to wipe their butts with
- You are always assured of a clean feel and I would therefore recommend them to all those wiping their bums but never feeling clean.
- Other than for use in the toilet, you can use the cottonelle adult wipes to clean your face.
Testing whether the Cottonelle Wipes Do Actually Disintegrate
So, just like everyone else, we had our doubts on whether cottonelle flushable wipes do actually disintegrate because we did not want anything that was going to mess up with our septic system. So, we fished out one wipe, got a little of water and a metallic bowl. You can use more water and the results will still be the same. So after putting the wipe in the water for one hour, we found out that it had actually disintegrated. There were a few little clogs but hey, the thing had actually dissolved.
Here is a video of the test.
What we did not like about the cottonelle wipes
- I have been using the cottonelle wipes for quite sometimes and I have found out that they have changed their dispenser such that it does not self-load itself. Before, it used to self-load; you just needed to remove one and the dispenser would bring another to the fore so that you would pick it with ease.
- They also seem to have made thinner wipes of late.
Ingredients that make up the Cottonelle wet wipes
- Water, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Polysorbate 20, Lauryl Glucoside–for hygienically cleaning your skin
- Mild fragrance– have a pleasant smell even after doing your number 2s.
- Sodium Benzoate,Phenoxyethanol and Sorbic Acid–keep the wet wipes flesh
- Aloe vera–kills germs around your butt area.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cottonelle Wet Wipes
What are Cottonelle flushable wipes used for?
The Cottonelle wipes double up as makeup removers and are gentle on your skin compared to the other normal tissues. You can use cottonelle wipes for showering while camping or beaching, you can make showering more refreshable especially during hot days by keeping them in cooler bags. You can also use the wipes to wipe seats and wiping hands. They are used to wipe kids while changing their diapers and they can also be used by adults like the normal dry toilet papers in toilets which have a gentle cleansing power. You can use them for wiping car mirrors when they are not clear.
Do Cottonelle flushable wipes break down?
The wipes immediately start to breakdown after flushing and are safe for sewerages. They are made of cellulose fibers made of southern softwood which 100% biodegradable. They even breakdown even before it makes it down the drain .They are sewer-safe and septic-safe with SafeFlush Technology so you will always feel clean and secure after every bathroom visit.
Are Cottonelle flushable wipes safe for septic tanks?
For the Cottonelle flushable wipes, a right is granted from the government for SafeFlush Technology so that wipes break down after flushing, this keeps the chamber where domestic wastewater flows for basic treatment free from clogging. At all times look for the SafeFlush Technology symbol at the bottom of the pack.
Can you use Cottonelle wipes on your body?
Cottonelle flushable wipes do not contain alcohol therefore you are not going to be left with that irritating smell. The cottonelle is not over scented due to people who don’t like scents. Also the wipes are hypoallergenic, Paraben-free and MI-free. The wipes are gentle on your skin and therefore they can also be used on wiping up your face or even makeups.
Is it OK to flush flushable wipes?
Cotttonelle flushable wipes contains a badge at the bottom of the pack for the SafeFlush Technology showing that permission is granted by the government. The Cottonelle wipes break down 3 times faster than the normal wipes after flushing.
Are Cottonelle flushable wipes safe for babies?
The wipes are hypoallergenic and perfume and alcohol free hence they can’t affect kids of all ages. The Cottonelle flushable wipes makes allows kids do a good job of cleaning up by themselves after using the toilet.
Does cottonelle clog toilets?
No, actually the marketers say that if you want a toilet paper that will save you from the depression of clogged toilets, Cottonelle is always the best for you. The wipes immediately starts breaking down after flushing which makes septic tanks free from clogging. They are made with environment in mind meaning you are going to use them freely and also conserve the environment at the same time.