Cottonelle Flushable Wipes: The Best Adult Wipes for you
We have already pointed out that you would rather wipe your bum with wet wipes rather than use toilet paper. This is because the use of wet wipes is more hygiene, cleans all the fecal material from your butt leaving you flesh and clean. At the same time, it is more gentle on the skin around your perineal area. Toilet paper on the other hand is hard and might end up hurting you. Using toilet paper has also been linked to a high risk of getting urinary tract infections in women since when you do not wipe your butt clean, the fecal material may find its way into your vagina and finally urethra causing UTI.
The challenge with wet wipes though especially with adults is getting the best flushable wipes that are biodegradable and that is why today, we are going to review the cottonelle adult wipes which marketers say are flushable and will actually disintegrate in a matter of hours.
What we loved about the Cottonelle flushable wipes
- They are alcohol free and therefore gentle on your skin. You do not have to worry about irritations caused by the wipes.
- Has a wavy texture that somehow makes you feel as the wipe grabs your skin and wipe it clean
- Flush down the toilet and therefore safe for your septic system
- Gentle on the skin and leaves you feeling flesh and clean
- It has a mild fragrance. No adult in their right sense wants something that is too scented and I think cottonelle knew this and thus desisted from making it over-scented.
- Portable packs so that you can carry them while travelling
- Large enough for adults to wipe their butts with
- Other than for use in the toilet, you can use the cottonelle adult wipes to clean your face.
Testing whether the Cottonelle Wipes Do Actually Disintegrate
So, just like everyone else, we had our doubts on whether cottonelle flushable wipes do actually disintegrate because we did not want anything that was going to mess up with our septic system. So, we fished out one wipe, got a little of water and a metallic bowl. You can use more water and the results will still be the same. So after putting the wipe in the water for one hour, we found out that it had actually disintegrated. There were a few little clogs but hey, the thing had actually dissolved.
Here is a video of the test.
What we did not like about the cottonelle wipes
- I have been using the cottonelle wipes for quite sometimes and I have found out that they have changed their dispenser such that it does not self-load itself. Before, it used to self-load; you just needed to remove one and the dispenser would bring another to the fore so that you would pick it with ease.
- They also seem to have made thinner wipes of late.
Ingredients that make up the Cottonelle wet wipes
- Water, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Polysorbate 20, Lauryl Glucoside–for hygienically cleaning your skin
- Mild fragrance– have a pleasant smell even after doing your number 2s.
- Sodium Benzoate,Phenoxyethanol and Sorbic Acid–keep the wet wipes flesh
- Aloe vera–kills germs around your butt area.