Out of all the bottom wiping aids for obese people that I have reviewed, the freedom wand is my personal best. At the hospice where I work, I have had to ask the managament to buy only freedom wand personal hygiene devices because they are not only versatile but also hygienic and help maintain the person’s dignity since they do not have to call for help to wipe their butts and at the same time, they do not have to walk around stinking like hogs.
As its name suggests, the freedom wand gives you freedom. One thing that I have noted about obese, handicapped and elderly is that they crave for freedom. It feels bad for someone to always be next to you when you want to bathe, eat, walk or even go to the toilet. With the freedom wand though, these classes of people are able to get what they have been craving for–the freedom!
Who should use the freedom wand?
Generally, anyone who has trouble reaching their bottom to wipe off the debris around the anal orifice because either of obesity, injuries or other physical deformities should get the freedom wand toilet aid.
The freedom wand guys go ahead to list the following groups of people as candidates for their wiping aid tool:
- Hip pain
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Shoulder injuries
- Those who have gone through rotator cuff surgery
Features of the freedom wand personal hygiene device
- Made with polypropylene
- Other than wiping your butt, the freedom wand is great when you want to shave your intimate parts or legs–places that you would not be able to reach with your hands.
- Comes with shaver, ointment pad and extender so that you can have a lengthy reach.
- Good grip on toilet tissue paper and wet wipes
- Comes with an easy to release button to hold and let go off tissue paper after use.
- Comes with 6.5 inches head, 8 inches handle and 7 inches extender.
- Comes with a bag for carrying around when you are on the move.
How to use the freedom wand for butt wiping, shaving, ointment smearing and bathing
- Butt wiping
You can use the wand for wiping your bottom. So this is how you need to do it
- Attach the wand head to the handle if 14 inches is good for you. If not, add the extender to achieve 21 inches
- Use the head to attach enough rolls of tissue paper or wet wipes
- Reach out to your butt orifice and wipe clean
- Remove the head from the butt after you have wiped well
- Direct the head towards the toilet hole and release the tissue/wipes by pressing the push button
2. For shaving
If you want to shave unreachable body parts such as the legs, the wand is still great for this.
- Attach the head to the handle and if that is not enough, add the extender for extra length
- Attach the shaver so that it is held by the four fingers of the head
- Reach out to your feet and shave away the hair you want to.
- After you are done, remove it from the feet and use the release button to release the shaver
If you want to smear oil on your intimate parts or legs, do the following:
- Smear oil generously on your ointment pad
- Hold the pad using the four fingers
- Smear oil on the desired parts
- Release the pad using the push button.
The wand can be used for scrubbing unreachable body parts like the back
- Soap your body scrapping sponge generously
- Hold the soaped sponge using the wand fingers.
- Reach out your back and use pressure to scrub yourself
- Release the sponge after use.
Where to buy the freedom wand toilet aid
The freedom wand with its multipurpose 4 tools is readily available on amazon and even Walmart. Below is an image link that will take you where to buy the product.
Freedom wand testimonials I gathered from the hospice
After asking the management to get the freedom wand toilet aid tools and getting to have our patients use them for a period of one week, I asked some of them to comment on how they found the wands. Were they any good for them? How would they recommend them to other people having reaching problems and this is what I got from them.
No more brown hands or a caregiver standing next to you like an infant
Before using the freedom wand, I hated being escorted to the toilet everytime by these young caregivers who seemed as though they were on attachment at the hospice. And so, I always insisted on going there alone. But since I went through some hip surgery and bending is such a tall order, I would barely reach my anus and would end up with brown filthy hands or worse off smelling after failing to wipe. Of course my dignity was at stake and therefore the freedom wand was a dream come true
Good for shaving
I love the freedom wand since other than using it with tissue, I can use it to scrape off hair growing on my feet which makes me seem as though am masculine. Before that, I had to buy creams or ask someone to help shave me off. Now, I do it on my own. Thanks for such a great product.
Great product but breaks easily
The only downside of the wand is that it breaks after a short while. It is somehow designed to just stop working after sometimes. Currently, I have used four after every two months, I ask for another. I do not know whether I use it wrongly or what is wrong. On the other hand, it is great for obese people like me who cannot reach their butts.